Saturday, April 11, 2015

Makeup Routine 101: 2015 Update






Ok so it is time to get this update started! I am so excited to get you updates but first I need you to stop saying things like it doesn't matter what I look like and oh I am just chilling today. First of all every time you say that you diminish the power of who you are. You were born to be beautiful, bold and confident. 2015 is your year to shine in every way! 

Everything about you matters from your lips to your hips to your finger tips because you are an awesome woman! Matter of fact you are a Proverbs 31 woman who has got to take her power back. I know you must be saying isn't this post supposed to be about makeup? Yes it is but beauty starts on the inside and you have to care about yourself to take care of yourself! 


It is time for you to honor the amazing woman that you are by really beginning to love yourself from the inside out. Stop being afraid to wear bold colors and think bold thoughts. Come out of the shadows and in to the light! The world is waiting on you to see how awesome you are. 

So now we can begin our Makeup Routine 101: 2015 Update! Most of you know how passionate I am about hair & makeup. I love it so much because it changes the way women see themselves so I strive not to alter the woman but to highlight the most gorgeous things about her. 

So that is where we will begin. I want you to think more about how you can highlight what is beautiful about you than how you can fix what is wrong with you. It is really time for you to challenge yourself to be better than your best because you should be living your life it is golden! 

Here is where we start: 

Skincare -  You should have a daily skincare routine that includes facial cleanser, daytime & night time facial cream, exfoliating treatment every 3-4 days, and seeing sunscreen no matter what complexion your skin is. 

Primer & Setting Spray - I am FIRM believer in making sure that your makeup lasts! These two things are your best bet. For the beginner my go to's would be +Maybelline New York  Baby Skin for a great primer & +NYX Cosmetics  matter setting spray. For the more advanced makeup lover I would say +Smashbox Cosmetics primers with the specific formula for your skin and +Model In A Bottle  or +Urban Decay Cosmetics  All Nighter setting spray.

Makeup Maven on A Budget - May I introduce you to +BH Cosmetics! I would suggest getting the +BH Cosmetics  Special Occasion eye shadow & blush palette to start. Below you can see that I did my own makeup using that #BHCosmetics Special Occasion palette. I even used one of the blushes as my lip color. 


Getting Your GLAM On - I am obessed with color liner and I especially love Le Femme cosmetics pigments to help me create that look. Monday I will do a post on creating a hot eye with color liner.  



Gloss vs. Lipsitck - They are both in style right now but lipstick does have the edge. Do not feel like you have to choose though. For an every day natural type of girl rock Creme Brulee by +NYX Cosmetics but for that glam diva who just can't stop rocking that bold confidence check out +NARS Cosmetics glamalicious color red lizard for traffic stopping lips.

Macara - So the Younique Cosmetics 3D Mascara craze is over and thank God because those fibers in my eyes were killing me but +Too Faced Cosmetics Better Than mascara is so amazing you will forget all the pain while you admire your lashes! 

Contouring - Contouring is still in and I am just loving that! Check out the Contouring 101 post from earlier this week for tips and trick for your daily makeup routine. It explains all the basics and also has links to +YouTube videos! 



That is it for this update but I will have another one for you just in time for summer! 


TODAY IS THE DAY FOR MY +BH Cosmetics #GIVEAWAY ON INSTAGRAM! 







No comments:

Post a Comment