Friday, January 17, 2014

Ask Liz: How Do I Create A Smokey Eye? #advice

Untitled #244


Ok so I get this question all the time and I am finally ready to answer it for all of you. There are so many different ways to answer this question and different types of smokey eye but I will give the answer as if you are totally makeup challenged which all of us have been at times.

A smokey eye is truly an art and women of all skin colors can wear a smokey eye. One of the first things that  I would recommend with a smokey eye is getting an eye shadow palette. You will want to invest in your eye  shadow because the level of pigment is so important. You want to make sure you have plenty of pigment within the colors that you choose so I picked a top 3 to help you!

From L to R (Pictured Above)
1. Lorac Unzipped Palette $40 Available +Beauty.com & +Zappos.com
I invite you to try this amazing palette and the great colors within it. It is so well put together. I love the hues and I am so excited to see a palette that also has a color you can use as a dry eyeliner with a liner brush. It is a true all in one palette.

2. Femme Fatale Antique Lace Palette by Laura Geller Beauty $30 Available +Nordstrom
This is for a beginner who does not want to be overwhelmed by having too much to choose from. I am huge fan of this also as a little touch up carry along palette. The colors are great for every skin tone. Burnished bronze is my favorite which is the darkest color and I love it because that would make gorgeous crease color. Also comes with a double edge brush.

3. Naked 3 Palette by +Urban Decay Cosmetics  $52 Available +Sephora
Ok so we all have been waiting for this great palette and as always the amazing +kandee johnson did not disappoint with this great tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxhjcu3NLNc Watch this and check out the palette how to's



This amazing website www.thebeautythesis.com has some amazing tutorials on +Pinterest and WeHeartIt.com! I just liked their page on Facebook as well: http://on.fb.me/Kosbon

Liz's Advice: 

This is one look that is very versatile. You have to match the right eye to the right time. I would recommend a lightly bronze more rose tone smokey eye like the one Kandee Johnson did in the video I recommended in the number three listing above for +Urban Decay Cosmetics Naked 3. You have to remember just because it says smokey eye it does not have to be dark.

Starting out with a lighter version of a smokey eye is your best bet and then keep using darker and darker eye shadow or pigment to make sure that you are keen on the proper strategy for your personal eye look. It is so important to be comfortable with your makeup.

I love to wear tons of makeup so my comfort level with eye shadow will be a lot different than yours but you can try anything you want. I really want to stress that for women of all ages because so many times we say things like, " Oh I am 40 so sexy is over for me." That is crazy! Girlfriend at any age feeling and looking your best is in your best interest.

  Follow Me on +Instagram +Liz Everett Style 

http://on.fb.me/Kosbon

No comments:

Post a Comment