Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wardrobe Wednesday: How To Wear a Statement Necklace

Wardrobe Wednesday: 
How To Wear a Statement Necklace



It is time for you to get on trend whether you like it or not and today is all about helping you learn How to Wear a Statement Necklace. Your statement to the world should be that you are more than amazing and that is exactly what a statement necklace says without you even opening your mouth. I created a beginner and advanced tutorial as well as some shopping advice for you girlfriend. I don't  just think you will love it; I know you will love today's feature for Wardrobe Wednesday!

When you contemplate purchasing or wearing a statement necklace you literally need to think about the visual declaration that you are making by adding a daring accessory choice. I am a huge fan of the power accessories have to announce your presence by adding an eye catching display. Sometimes women shrink back from being a fashion leader but there is nothing wrong with really embracing being, looking, and feeling fabulous! 

Beginner Accessory Diva
For the beginner accessory diva I would have to say that learning to be fearless with your accessories is so important! Boldness, color, and a tantalizing visual are key to becoming a fashionable inspiration. It is literally the beginning of being totally functional in the area of accessorizing.

So we will begin at the beginning with some shopping advice. I am huge fan of Charming Charlie's! They have retail locations all over the country and this weekend I was in Orlando at the Florida Mall. When you walk into a retailer and you feel like it may be a little overwhelming take a walk around the store first and then go directly to the items that you love. Never settle for pieces that you like. 

When you begin to accessorize your outfit think first what do I want to say today? That will determine the statement as well as the style of statement necklace. As you shop for statement necklaces though just buy pieces that are big, artistic and fun. People compliment me all the time on my accessories and I know that it is because I only buy pieces that make a statement. 

Here is a top pick that  I spotted Sunday at Charming Charlie's   

Just like these two amazing statement necklaces above my advice for a beginner is to go for something colorful and keep everything else simple. Just like my twitter pal Shandi Finnesey who is a model and former Miss USA echoed via twitter keep everything else very simple. Like jeans and a plain shirt or a black dress with a little black dress. Remember that you want to keep it uncomplicated so that the neck piece is the focus and your face is highlighted. 

Both of the above necklaces were a great price at $20 a piece and I loved the size as well. You can also shop www.CharmingCharlie.com  for great value with a great selection. I was pleasantly surprised at the great selection of jewelry. Even the sale items were still pretty on trend. We all know that we don't always have a million dollars to get our wardrobe on cue so knowing great retailers to go to will help you for sure. Below are my Top 5 Picks from Charming Charlies: 


Check out my Instagram for more on Statement Necklaces

Advanced Accessory Diva
Now onto my advanced girlfriends who are already rocking a statement necklace. It is time to go double or nothing! This weekend I started rocking the double necklace and you can also buy them layered but it looks so hot to combine either 2 layered pieces or do a layered piece with a larger statement piece. You definitely want to choose similar metals but it is not important match exactly.


I picked up these two pieces at a Cato Fashions on the way to the event I worked this past weekend. I wanted the pop color of the turquoise with the black dress and the luxe statement that the gold statement necklace ultimately made. I loved the total construction as well as the ease with which the colors combined.

My girl  +Stephanie Nickolich from Accessory Fanatic sent over this amazing cobalt piece. I agree I am totally obsessed with cobalt blue as well! Check it out: http://bit.ly/1cPC2PD You will love it too! My shopping advice for my advanced accessory divas is that you should look for places that have bold accessories all in one. Online shopping is so important when you want to get your fashion & accessory game up without the stress of working at it like crazy.

Available at Accessory Fanatic for $34
http://

No matter how you slice it accessorizing is all about having fun and contrast. Don't just pick accessories that match your outfit. Think outside the box and think about what will give you a fresh perspective on your personal style.  This is all about revamping your concept of who you are based on the visuals you present.


My Twitter Fashion Experts Have Spoken
Nordstrom @Nordstrom
 
@LizEverettStyle Be bold, colorful and have fun with it!

The Rachel Ross ™ @The_RachelRoss
 
@LizEverettStyle  have fun with them! They can pair well with almost anything! Play with it

Accessory Fanatic @AccsryFanatic

@LizEverettStyle  We think bigger is better! #Statement #necklaces can transform your look!

Shandi Finnessey @ShandiFinnessey 

@LizEverettStyle  Keep everything else super simple!

Ania @aniabasak

@LizEverettStyle  Go simple with top part of your wardrobe to make necklace focal point!

Entwined @EntwinedKnitsCo
 
@LizEverettStyle  I'd say keep the rest of your outfit/accessories understated

StyleHasNOsize @StyleHasNOsize 

Make sure YOU wear the necklace and not the necklace is wearing YOU!


So excited about the upcoming launch February 15, 2014!
Stay tuned for more information on the the Virtual Launch celebration!


Are we friends on Facebook? http://on.fb.me/19jnRx6

No comments:

Post a Comment