Thursday, October 23, 2014

Tutorial Thursday: 30 minute Farrah Fawcett


Hair Tutorial: 30 minutes to Farrah Fawcett




Farrah Fawcett is an absolute icon and I thought it would be awesome to salute her in this hair tutorial since this is how I wear my hair almost everyday. 

What you will need: comb, bobby pins or pin curl clip (I prefer the pin curl clips, hair spray, and a 1 inch barrel curling iron  

Hair Success Tips: Remember to take large sections and that you can also do your entire head if you have time. I have even slept on my pin curls before but I usually do my pin curls then do my makeup and you can either let your hair down then or let them down in the parking lot before work or your event. 


Step 1: Comb out the front section of your hair and curl the hair in large sections



Step 2: After each curl get your pointer & index fingers close together and wrap the curl around then pin the curl in place by sliding a large banana pin by the base of your scalp to the curl cool.



Step 3: Repeat this process in the entire front portion on of your head and even as far back as the crown if you choose or desire more volume in the final style for your hair. Be sure t o use hair spray after the pinning process is complete to give you some staying power for the style. I prefer +CHI Hair Care Helmet Head or Freeze it for my style prep.






Step 4: I do my pins first and then get started on my makeup. Clearly here my makeup is already on but you want to give the curls 10- 60 minutes to cool. You can even keep them in while you are on the way to work or an event. Let the sections down one by one and comb through with your fingers in the direction of the curl. 


Step 5: Style as desired! Of course I like my hair full so I always tease mine but you can do a softer version as well. I love for my bangs to lay below my brow line and be very swept away so I also make sure that as I am finishing the hair I spray a shine spray like +Farouk Systems Rapid Shine on the sections and a finishing spray that has a lighter hold in to place for a perfect finish.



No comments:

Post a Comment